WIOA is the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014, and offers workforce activities and services to employers, job seekers, laid off or incumbent workers, youth, veterans, displaced homemakers, self-employed individuals, and persons with significant barriers to employment. The purpose of WIOA activities is to increase job retention, earnings, occupational skills, reduce welfare dependency and improve the quality of the workforce.
Free services offered to individuals that meet certain eligibility guidelines may include:
- Funds for education/training (books, tuition, lab fees, testing and equipment)
- Individual career guidance and counseling
- Labor market information
- Skill upgrades
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is an appointment needed? Please call 419-949-2670 to speak with an Employment Counselor.
- What are your hours of operation? Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Is an interview required? An interview is required but it can be completed by phone.
- Is there are time limit on how long I can receive services? Up to 2 years.