The Morrow County JFS Fraud Reporting System provides an avenue for individuals to report fraud, waste, and abuse within MCJFS programs and operations. We handle allegations regarding violations of law or regulations affecting MCJFS programs and operations.What Should I Report to the Fraud Reporting System?
A variety of situations may be considered fraud in MCJFS programs. Some frequent examples include but are not limited to the following:
An individual or individuals receiving public assistance such as: Food Assistance, Ohio Works First Cash Assistance, Childcare, or Medicaid.
- Conceals employment or fails to report employment while receiving benefits
- Fails to report unearned income such as, but not limited to, Child Support, Social Security benefits, SSI benefits, Unemployment Compensation or settlements and inheritances
- Receives benefits for a child not under their care
- Conceals their marriage or assets of their spouse from MCJFS while receiving benefits
- Fails to report a parent or legal guardian of a child residing in the home as living
- Participates in Food Stamp trafficking
- Resides outside of Morrow County and is receiving benefits from MCJFS
- Fails to notify MCJFS of a death of a case member and continues to receive and utilize the benefits of the deceased.
Many serious crimes can occur hand in hand with welfare fraud. It is important to realize that many of these are beyond the scope of MCJFS and the MCJFS Fraud Team specifically. The serious nature of these crimes dictates the intervention and involvement of Law Enforcement professionals or other trained personnel in their resolution.
Allegations of Drug Abuse and Drug Trafficking. Reports involving crimes of this nature should be made to the Morrow County Sheriff’s Dept. or the local police department.
Allegations of Child Abuse or Neglect. Reports of this nature should be directed to Morrow County Child Protective Services at 419-947-9111.
Allegations of Welfare Fraud not occurring in Morrow County. Reports of Welfare Fraud occurring in other counties should be made to the county in question or to the main Ohio Department of Job and Family Services webpage at www.odjfs.state.oh.us/fraud/form.asp.How Do I Contact the Fraud Reporting System?
Morrow County Job and Family Services provides numerous convenient ways to report welfare fraud occurring in our county. The following are all viable methods of fraud reporting and each will insure that your referral is investigated in a professional, thorough and timely manner.
US Mail: Morrow County JFS, 619 W. Marion Rd., Mt. Gilead, OH 43338.
Telephone: 1-800-668-6458 or 419-947-9111
In addition to the methods outlined above walk-in appointments at the 619 West Marion Road, entrance B, Mt. Gilead, Ohio.
To act on your allegation, we need you to provide as much identifying information as possible regarding the suspect and the details of what occurred. The more you can tell us, the better chance we have of determining whether fraud has been committed. Your information should include the following:
- Who committed the Fraud?
- (Include Suspect Name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Address, and Telephone Number)
- What exactly did the suspect do?
- Where did the fraud take place?
- When did it happen?
- How was the fraud committed?