Anyone who suspects that a child is being abused or neglected should make a referral to their local Children Services Agency. Morrow County Children Services is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. During business hours, Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to
4:30 pm, please call 419-947-9111 and ask for the worker of the day. During nonbusiness hours please contact the Morrow County Sheriff’s Office at 419-946-4444. Any person who knowingly makes or causes another person to make a false report that alleges that any person has committed an act or omission that resulted in a child being abused or neglected is guilty of a violation of section 2921.14 and can be
How to Make A Referral
Any person can make a report to Children Services if they are concerned with the welfare of a child. Reports can make reports over the phone, in person, fax or by letter. Which ever method is chosen to make a report, the agency is need of the following information if it is available.
The name and age of the child (preferable a birth date also)
Address of the child
Who the alleged perpetrator is and the address
- Information on the perpetrator’s access to the child
- Names of parents and/or caretakers
- Address of the legal parent and/or caretakers
- Names of any other children or adults living in the home.
- Information (specific as possible) regarding the alleged abuse or neglect. The date of
- the incident(s), other possible victims, witnesses, etc. How long the issue has existed, if the issue has ever been addressed with the parent/caretaker
- Names and contact information for others who may know information regarding the
- Names of any known relatives and contact information
- Concerns regarding drugs, alcohol, domestic violence