Applying for food, cash and medical assistance through Morrow County is a several step process. Please read the following information carefully to ensure your application is processed as quickly as possible. Please note it may take up to 30 days to complete your application. We complete cases in the order that they are received and when all verification documents have been received.
Step 1: Submit an Application
You can submit your application in the following ways:
- Online through the ODJFS Online Benefit Application Portal. Select “Apply for Benefits”. After completing the application, continue with steps 2 through 4.
- Print an application (Link located in application forms ) and return through:
Fax your signed application to 419-947-9115
- Deliver in person
Signed applications can be delivered at MCJFS’s main location:
619 West Marion Rd, Entrance B, Lower Level ,Mt. Gilead, Ohio 43338
Signed applications can also be mailed to the address above
If you are applying for Medicaid, your tax status information is needed. Please complete the MAGI Tax Information Worksheet and submit with your application.
Step 2: Gather Verification Documents
As part of the application, you will need to submit a number of verification documents. The specific documents accepted are listed in the application, but in general we will need to verify:
- Who is in the household
- All household income, and
- Basic information such as identity, Social Security Number(s) and Birth Verification(s)
Please write your name and case number or social security number on all verification documents.
Step 3: The Interview
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a letter in the mail giving you an appointment date and time for you to complete an interview with a caseworker. That appointment will generally be within two weeks of the submission of your application*.
- You will need to call the Call Center 844-640-6446 to complete your interview. Available Monday –Friday between the hours 8:00 am -4:00 pm
- AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW THE CASE MANAGER WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR CASE. VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS CAN BE PROVIDED TO THE MORROW COUNTY JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES BY MAIL, FAX OR DELIEVERED IN PERSON.
- If you are applying for cash assistance, you will be asked to attend an appointment the following day at the Local Ohio Means Jobs to go over work requirements for cash assistance.
- During the interview, your caseworker will be able to answer any questions you may have about the application process.
* Please note: Applications for Waiver Home and Community Based Wavier Services Medicaid and for those in nursing homes are scheduled separately and will not necessarily fall into these timeframes. Certain other Medicaid applications for benefits may be completed without an actual interview. If yours fits the criteria, you will be notified accordingly.
Step 4: Return any Additional Verification Documents
At the end of your interview, your caseworker will give you a checklist of any additional verification documents we need to complete your case. The sooner you return the verification documents, the sooner your case can be completed.
Return those verification documents to us with your name and case number or social security number on ALL documents.
Fax your documents to 419-947-9115
- Deliver in person
Documents can be delivered to MCJFS’s agency main location:
619 West Marion Rd. Entrance B, Lower Level, Mt. Gilead, Ohio 43338